Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Guitar of the Day: Jackson RR7R

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday's guitar was my wife Marci's guitar, and today's guitar is one that she bought for me from a guitar shop in Las Vegas after we were dating for only about a year. Yeah, it was clear very early in our relationship that she was a keeper. ❤️❤️❤️

Here's another cool tidbit about my lovely wife Marci. She was my recording engineer for all of the guitar parts on "Legacy", and she did an absolutely amazing job of keeping the levels correct and keeping the quality control way up high. I'm a little embarrassed to admit how often I heard, "That was OK, but you can play better... Do it again...". She's a big part of why I am so proud of this album! She kept me playing my best for you, and I look forward to her helping with all my future home studio projects.

This is my 1998 Jackson Guitars - Official! 7-string RR7R in Candy Blue finish. This is my only 7-string guitar, and its fierce looks are equally matched by its fierce tone. For years, this guitar was really pretty hard for me to play, as the neck was pretty poorly adjusted, and fixing it was beyond my skill level. About 6 months ago, I brought it to Rogers Guitars in Keaau, and owner/luthier-supreme Devon Rogers fixed her right up. She plays really nicely now: perfect string height & no buzz. Devon is a master!

So I used this guitar for all of the parts on my song "The Descent", which takes advantage of that deep growling low B string. I also used it for the rhythm guitar chorus on "Time Machine", again taking advantage of that low B.

If you haven't already done so, go visit my website and pre-order your copy of "Legacy" on CD, digital download, or Amazon MP3 today! I'm still waiting on iTunes, Google Play, and the other online distributers, but they should be available any day now!

http://chrisstark.com/

See you tomorrow for another guitar from the album!

No comments:

Post a Comment