Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Guitar of the Day: Ibanez JEM505

Hi everyone!

Today's guitar is my 2010 Ibanez Guitars JEM505.

I used the JEM for the chorus on "I'll Be Waiting" and for the melody on "Moonlight". The song "Moonlight", which is my interpretation of Beethoven's "Piano Sonata No. 14 in C#m, 2nd Movement", only has one single guitar part, recorded in one take.

The Ibanez JEM series of guitars is Steve Vai's signature line. I have a number of Ibanez guitars, but what sets my JEM apart from my others is its maple fingerboard. I love the bright, responsive sound of a maple fingerboard, and that was one of the factors that made this guitar call out to me. Its dual-single-dual coil pickup configuration and 5-way selector means a huge palette of tones. This guitar excels at versatility.

See you tomorrow with another guitar from the album!

No comments:

Post a Comment