Friday, April 22, 2016

Guitar of the Day: Ibanez RG250LTD

Happy Earth Day everyone!

Today's guitar is my 2001 Ibanez GuitarsRG250LTD. I didn't know it when I bought it, but it turns out that this is a pretty rare series, only made in 2001.

On my "Legacy" album, this guitar can be found doing all of the guitar parts on "Kosmos". This guitar is exceptionally flexible with its tone, which can range from screaming high-gain leads to metal crunch rhythm tones to just-barely-overdriven blues tones to sparkly clear clean tones. Its flexibility and tone quality is comparable to my JEM, and that mirrored pick guard makes me think that if I have a spirit animal, it would be a crow since I always seem to fixate on shiny things. 😝

The finish color on this guitar is pretty unique too. Reading through old Ibanez catalogs, it appears the "Zinc Silver" finish was only ever offered in Japan and on this rare "Japan-made" American series of RG that happened only in 2001. It was truly a stroke of fortune that I found this cool axe. Japanese-made Ibanez guitars are the absolute pinnacle of quality in craftsmanship, and this axe is no exception!

So I'm going to take a break from the "guitar of the day" posts for the weekend, so the next guitar post will be on Monday.

However, I will have some exciting news for you all a bit later tonight. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment